Location: Los Angeles / Can be remote
Job Type: Full Time
Slamdance is seeking a marketing director for our annual Film Festival, year round events, and expanding organization. We are seeking a savvy marketing professional who can express and communicate Slamdance’s original DIY, “By Filmmakers For Filmmakers” spirit of inclusivity, while continuing to extend the reach of our brand and our filmmakers to new audiences.
- Direct, manage, and grow Slamdance’s marketing for year-round audiences, our filmmakers and sponsors;
- Plan and execute an overall marketing strategy for Slamdance;
- Plan and execute event marketing campaigns for all Slamdance events including the Park City Festival, Slamdance Miami, Year-round events etc.;
- Oversee the creation and design of digital marketing materials in support of all event marketing campaigns and the Slamdance brand;
- Oversee general direction of Slamdance social media, website and YouTube Channel with the assistance of the Social Media Manager;
- Create a roll out strategy for Slamdance’s new OTT platform and ongoing marketing for platform throughout festival events and year-round;
- Develop and engage with Slamdance’s online and physical audience;
- Support our festival filmmakers in the marketing of their work;
- Support Slamdance's public relations team, where necessary.
- Minimum two years experience executing marketing strategy, preferably in an arts and entertainment field.
- Ability to direct and oversee graphic design, layout and brand creation for the purposes of Slamdance marketing.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, especially as marketing tools.
- An understanding of Google analytics and recognizing industry trends to implement into cross-platform marketing strategies.
- Experience in paid media (Google Ads, Facebook, YouTube etc.).
- Proficiency working with Google suite applications like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive etc.
- Proficiency working with MailerLite or similar email automation platform.
- Proficiency working with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and WordPress, a plus.
- Familiarity with audiences for independent films, film festivals, arts nonprofits and streaming platforms.
- Must work well in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must have a passion for independent film and supporting emerging filmmakers.
If interested, please fill out and submit a cover letter and resume through this form.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to candidates selected for an interview.