24-26 September 2021
Attention Morongo Basin residents (Joshua Tree + surrounding area), students, seniors, active duty military and first responders: You get 50% off all passes. Please purchase directly from the 'Discounted Passes' section of this page to check out with your discount!
Slamdance Joshua Tree is an upcoming outdoor screening event featuring award-winning and fan-favorite films from the 2021 Slamdance Film Festival. The three-day event will run from 6 p.m. to midnight on 24-26 September in Joshua Tree, California. Single-day and weekend passes are available to purchase for $35 and $90.
All participants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and will be required to show a CDC vaccination card and form of picture identification before entry. The venue does not have built-in seating so all screenings will be picnic style. We encourage attendees to bring blankets, pillows, or low camp or beach chairs to set up a space. We also encourage attendees to bring a reusable water bottle as water stations will be available on the grounds. Please no outside food or alcohol.
The event will be held at the Joshua Tree Retreat Center, located at 59700 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252.
What To Expect
- Movie screenings will be held outdoors at the Joshua Tree Retreat Center amphitheater.
- Bring blankets, pillows, or low chairs that have a seat that rests on the ground with a low back. Very tall chairs may not be permitted if they block the view of the screen for other attendees.
- Outside food and water are permitted. Please, no outside alcohol. Be prepared to take your trash with you.
- A small bar with alcohol, water, and snacks will be available on-site.
- Restrooms are available on-site.
- A small tarp underneath your blanket is recommended.
- All attendees must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination before being allowed entry. Please wear a mask and keep socially distanced where appropriate.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. We are a rain-or-shine event. However, in the rare event that weather conditions prove to be unsafe, we will notify ticket holders with information about a rescheduled event.
- Stay on designated walking paths when navigating the Joshua Tree Retreat Center's beautiful grounds.
- No lit candles, barbecues, or open flame.
- Dogs are not permitted in the amphitheater.
- Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only.
- No very tall chairs.